Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Mayor of Cologne: "Women Need a Code of Conduct"

Started by Anonymous, January 08, 2016, 04:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

http://speisa.com/modules/articles/index.php/item.2349/video-mayor-of-cologne-women-need-a-code-of-conduct.html">http://speisa.com/modules/articles/inde ... nduct.html">http://speisa.com/modules/articles/index.php/item.2349/video-mayor-of-cologne-women-need-a-code-of-conduct.html

Security has been tightened in the German city of Cologne, after dozens of people reported attacks during celebrations on New Year's Eve. According to German media, one woman was raped, while up to 80 other women were robbed or sexually assaulted. On Tuesday night, hundreds reacted by protesting in the city's main square.

The numerous assault also triggered a crisis meeting between the police and Cologne's Mayor, Henriette Reker.

But astonishingly the Mayor of Cologne's response to this outrageous attack on her own female voters was not to unequivocally condemn it, but to suggest some blame lay with the victims.

Henriette Reker says women should adopt a "code of conduct" to prevent future attacks by what is almost certainly members of the one million asylum seekers Germany has mistakenly welcomed in.

According to the Daily Telegraph, "dozens of women reported being touched and groped. There was also one case of rape".

In response Ms Reker said it was important to prevent such incidents "from ever happening again" which I at first thought was a sensible suggestion for Germany to rethink its disastrous migrant policy.

But no. Instead, her proposed "code of conduct" – an instruction on how German women should behave around these men of "Arab or North African appearance" – will include staying at arm's length away from strangers, remaining in their own groups, and asking bystanders for help or at least act as witnesses to any assault.

Ms Reker also said "visitors" from "other cultures" should be taught what is and what is not acceptable behaviour in Germany – which suggests she does know after all who the perpetrators are most likely to be.

But then she adds insult to injury by saying: "We need to prevent confusion about what constitutes happy behaviour and what is utterly separate from openness, especially in sexual behaviour."

The Islamic verse on code of conduct for women is as follows, and thankfully Ms Reker is not there yet, but it's starting to sound like suggested Sharia:

Quran:24.31 - And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms, etc.) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islam), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful.

RW

I don't buy this "blame the victim" spin.

We need to stop pretending we have control over these fucking animals and do things to keep ourselves safe.  Giving women a guide on how to do that is smart.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I don't buy this "blame the victim" spin.

We need to stop pretending we have control over these fucking animals and do things to keep ourselves safe.  Giving women a guide on how to do that is smart.

I like the idea of women learning self defence. The mayor of Cologne knows who the perps are. But what does this mean: We need to prevent confusion about what constitutes happy behaviour and what is utterly separate from openness, especially in sexual behaviour?"

RW

It means discern between someone being friendly vs someone flirting.  To me, it reads that certain people from certain cultures will take certain behaviour that would be just general friendliness as an invitation or sexual advance.  It is meant to let women know the difference between cultures.

What this article is NOT saying blame the victim. (This is an example of PC bullshit BTW.  Romero, take note!)  It says stay away from immigrant men and learn how to keep them at arms length as to prevent victimization.

See, this is where this blame shit loses it's reason.  Telling a person how to prevent getting into trouble is not victim blaming.  It's victim prevention.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

And yes, we can get into the "why should German women have to change their behaviour because of this apes" but the point is to keep German women safe.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"It means discern between someone being friendly vs someone flirting.  To mean, it reads that certain people from certain cultures will take certain behaviour that would be just general friendliness as an invitation or sexual advance.

What this article is NOT saying blame the victim. (This is an example of PC bullshit BTW.  Romero, take note!)  It says stay away from immigrant men and learn how to keep them at arms length as to prevent victimization.

See, this is where this blame shit loses it's reason.  Telling a person how to prevent getting into trouble is not victim blaming.  It's victim prevention.

I am glad you clarified that because I was not sure what exactly she was saying. I would prefer she said ISlamist men need to conform to European values and respect for women.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"And yes, we can get into the "why should German women have to change their behaviour because of this apes" but the point is to keep German women safe.

I would deport or jail the men that cannot change their behaviour.

Bricktop

These comments are just part of the damage control undertaken by Merkel and her flunkies as they begin to reap the fruit they have sown with their "Come in, sit anywhere..." policy.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "RW"And yes, we can get into the "why should German women have to change their behaviour because of this apes" but the point is to keep German women safe.

I would deport or jail the men that cannot change their behaviour.

I would to - in a heart beat.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Quote from: "RW"It means discern between someone being friendly vs someone flirting.  To me, it reads that certain people from certain cultures will take certain behaviour that would be just general friendliness as an invitation or sexual advance.  It is meant to let women know the difference between cultures.

It's not an example of "PC bullshit". You should finally look up the definition of political correctness instead of being wrong all the time.

Victims of sexual assault should have followed some "code of conduct"? That's victim blaming alright. "Keep them at arm's length" is one of the most stupid things I've heard. Why not just blame the victims for being out in the first place?

But you go right ahead and follow some nonsense code of conduct. Keep immigrants at "arm's length"(how would you know if they're immigrants or not?), stop dressing so slutty, never drink alcohol and never leave the house alone.

Bricktop

Quote from: "RW"This is keeping women safe policy.

Keeping muslims out = keeping women safe.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Romero" Keep immigrants at "arm's length"(how would you know if they're immigrants or not?), stop dressing so slutty, never drink alcohol and never leave the house alone.

If you are not able to discern between a person of arabic/north African ancestry and a caucasian, you're not trying.

Romero

A new entry for one of the most stupid things I've ever heard!

There are plenty of people of Arabic or North African ancestry who were born in Germany and other Western countries. You can't tell who an immigrant is just by looking at them.

Are you saying that people of Arabic or North African ancestry are more likely to commit sexual assaults? That's false. Women are most likely to be sexually assaulted by someone they know. So guessing who's an immigrant or not and holding out your arms won't do much.

RW

Apparently that doesn't hold true for Germany on New Years Eve Romero.
Beware of Gaslighters!